Friday, January 15, 2010

Yuri Mania 25


Gokigenyou! I can't believe I've been saying that for a year now! Yes, it has been a year since I started these yuri posts on my blog. Though it was never been a regular thing here, the Weekly Lily series that started at dannychoo.com and now figure.fm has been going on regularly without missing a beat, even if I've posted near midnight (PST) on Sunday. ^^;



I believe I haven't fully explained what yuri is when I started this, I had assume a lot of you know already and instead I just leave a quick link form Wikipedia to make the story short... But I should really fully explain it, from my point of view at least. Basically it's a genre in anime, manga & other media that involves a romantic relationship between two or more girls. Yuri can also be called shoujo-ai or girls love. In North America, the two terms indicate whether the story involves sexual relationship or not. Shoujo-ai is the more common stories that come out in North America and on Japanese television, such as Maria-sama ga Miteru (Maria Watches Over Us), Kashimashi and Strawberry Panic. A lot of what I post ranges from the innocent love of shoujo-ai to the most extreme yuri... However, to make it easier, I put everything into one easy category, "Yuri"; since it is the term more people are used to and it's shorter & easier to say.

Now "yuri" can also mean the flower "lily". So a lot of my own yuri 4koma comics have smatters of lilies in them. It's a great wordplay for other series too, such as Hidamari Sketch. So remember that yuri = lily ^^

For a while now I've always replaced a lot of the risque scenes with the infamous lily panels, but since this is a special occasion, I shall do something special...


The Melancholy of Saber Lily Part 31


If you've browsed my blog well enough I'm sure you've encounted Aldora... If you know her then you know why Saber Lily's got a shocked face in the end there ^^; All in all it was quite fun positioning Haruhi and Saber Lily in those compromising position... But sure was hard to put them in said positions... I was considering putting a transparent lily over these panels, like the first picture of this post, but I think it looks better this way. I asked a few people about the transparent lily on Twitter, but I think I didn't make it clear enough. Thanks for the opinion though! This is one of the only times I will do this, lol.

These two 4koma were actually something I came up real quick... Though perhaps this next one may have a lasting effect throughout the whole series...


The Melancholy of Saber Lily Part 32


Dun-dun-dunnnnn! Evil is afoot! Ok, I'm pretty sure a lot of you can guess who this is, lol. So we shall see where this takes us... A new storyline is born! Stay tuned!

These two have been posted on The Melancholy of Saber Lily site, where you can read the previous installments as well.

Uh-oh... somebody's pissed... Time to jet! See you next time folks! Gokigenyou!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive