Friday, August 7, 2009

The Ayanami Rei Shrine

One thing lead to another and now I have this huge collection of Ayanami Rei figures and merchandise.

It was around the time of late high school or end of high school that I discovered Evangelion, rented a tape from Blockbuster. They didn't have volume 1 of the series but I watched it anyway. Very confusing since it was the middle of the series... but the name Megumi Hayashibara stood out. See when I was back in Jakarta, I was shown Voltes V and the only female member in that show is named Megumi. I must've had a crush on that character that I have quite a love for the name "Megumi".

I watched some more and saw that she plays Rei Ayanami in the show and since it was the middle of the series, it was a scene where Rei was in a glass tube full of some kind of liquid. I was fascinated by this; cloning, blue hair, red eyes... After this I went and looked for the first volume and became very enamoured with Rei... which lead to finding out that she was going to have an "action" figure by Kaiyodo. I grabbed the chance to get one... now she has multiplied and was cloned at my expense.

This is the old compilation picture of the "shrine" which became my first post at DannyChoo.com. I wanted to do something unique for my first post... so this was the most unique thing that I could do at the time. The photos above were taken sometime last year around the same time.

AAAAH! All the Rei has been stolen! No, not really... just moved so I can add that extra shelving on top of it.

This is one of my big project this summer... which is to clean my room and get this new Rei shrine finished. Well 1 out of 2 isn't too bad...

I had to clear the front of the Detolf shelf so I can get to my other Ayanami Rei figures.

This is the first level. I didn't add the Fraulein Revoltech yet, but it's somewhere in the midst of it later. Darn... that new maid figure is covered X( She kinda looks like a princess being protected by the other Rei when I put her in the center like that.

The first level is where I placed the first musical box from Sega Prize...



Here's the second level. It's the smaller space so I tried to fit what I could in there such as the trading figures and the ones where she lies down or sitting down. Hmmm... I have an idea for that Rei sitting on the desk. Hopefully that comes to fruitition.

The second level is where I placed the second musical box figure, also from Sega Prize...



And finally the third level. You probably notice two similar looking figures. The two in swimsuit are both the same except for the paint jobs. I like the tan on the right one, but I like the bikini on the left. The one in the gym outfit/bloomers has one of my favourite faces.

Here you can see the other angle of the first level. I couldn't take this picture til late night because at the time my bed was filled with boxes of figures...

You also get a better view of Bandai's Voice I-Doll Superior figure with 10 voice clips from the anime voiced by Megumi herself! I think it's got the best face and hair colour from all of the figures here...



Here's an overhead shot of the first level to show the late addition Fraulein Rei and a better angle of the figures in the middle... mainly the new Maid Rei ^^

I also do like Asuka, but not as much as Rei as you can see here... There are a few figures that I really wanted of her, such as the Lolita dress, the colour change ones, the Cancer figure... but I wouldn't really get her unless I had to buy both Rei and Asuka. The surprise figure is the one in the center. I didn't think highly of that until I actually got it; fell in love at first sight.

Here's another angle of it showing the lolita dress Asuka better. The colour change figure is the one with the transparent dress. If it's cold it changes to black, but since it's summer here it becomes transparent, which is why I got her... heheheh.

As much as I love Ayanami Rei, I don't have anymore room on the shrine for anymore figures. I hope there aren't anymore that I'll get because it's just full right now! I can move it far to the back of the shelf, but I won't be able to see them anymore... Right now I can barely see some of them already. Ah, such is the life of the Ayanami Rei collector...

EDIT: Someone requested the "winter" or "cold" colour version of the temperature-changing Asuka figure, so here they are.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive