Thursday, April 9, 2009

The Melancholy of Saber Lily Special

An extra special episode of The Melancholy of Saber Lily! Gotta give Blowfish the credit for this idea. His comment on Yuri Mania 7 gave me quite a brainstorm!

The above picture was my attempt to edit Saber Lily so that it looks like she's using the computer. I'm running out of time to make it, so I just left it as is. It doesn't look as good as I'd hoped... She's browsing all my Weekly Lily posts to get an idea. She forced me to browse through Gelbooru to find specific pictures, but there were thousands of them!

Without further ado...

The Melancholy of Saber Lily Special

Seems like there's a reference to something in every panel! Did you guess what song is being sung in the first panel? I figured since everyone was posting about K-ON! I might as well make a reference to it. For those not in the know:



Did you see the Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya novel in the second panel? I don't blame you if you didn't notice it since they really messed up with the cover there. They're using the original art for the hardcover while they're using this ugly dreck for the paperback cover! WTF!

Major edits in the 3rd and 4th panel... I took a picture of the bathroom and added Saber in there. I was messing around with the lighting effects in Photoshop a bit too much though, so it doesn't look too natural in there anymore. Oh like the 1/1 scale reference that I did there? XD

And the last post I had to ask my brother to take the picture since I'm... buried... Had to take a few photos because I wasn't specific enough on what I was looking for, but he went above and beyond and got me this nice angle. Oh noticed the Rumiko Takahashi-esque hand gesture? ^^

So hopefully I'll be able to continue with the regular story for next week... as long as Saber Lily didn't beat me up too much...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive