Thursday, May 7, 2009

Takoyaki and More!

Doesn't that just looks delish? Takoyaki, fried battered balls filled with octopus pieces covered with takoyaki sauce, mayonnaise, seaweed and bonito flakes, is one of my favourite Japanese snacks. I don't remember when I heard about this, but it may have been from the short animated omake from the second Cardcaptor Sakura movie, featuring Kero-chan.

For the Vancouverites; this one is from the food court in Aberdeen Centre in Richmond, BC (I forgot the name of the stall), but you can find it in other special events like the Night Market or the Powell Street Festival.

Anyway, what's the point of me tempting you with food? Oh it's kinda related to the latest comic...

The Melancholy of Saber Lily Part 14

So Saber Lion was right... it was food after all!

I was overestimating this part and my skills in creating the extra "panel" for this comic. I thought I had pretty good skills in editing movies, but the program I was using (Windows Movie Maker) was kinda basic, and I feel like I'm running out of time... So I just spliced it together to make it on time. Plus I don't think I can do it any better than this. If I think I can then I will work on it again another time :P So here it is...


And now for the boring behind-the-scenes segment of this post...

The above picture was for part 13 and 14 of my comics. That's why you still see the Nendoroid Miku in this picture. Now, you might be wondering why I have Louise in there too. I did get her recently and noticed she had a pained, crying face. Very cute! So I used that in part 13 for Miku where she's getting hit by Saber Lion. I had to recolour the eyebrows because it was pink, matching Louise's hair. No one took a guess though ^^;

Rin was also used, for her face only, lol. Unfortunately her face doesn't fit properly in Saber Lion, but heck it works fine as you can see above. The face stickers were useful too, but I actually scanned them rather than actually sticking them. I always have this thing about hating to use stickers because they'd be a waste when I want to stick them on to something else... Damn my conservative style!

Lastly this is Saber Lion using Rin's blank face carrying a pan. I used the blank face to make Saber Lion smile, just like Chiyo-chan in the original cooking song animation... I was going to use the scanned stickers for this face, but it didn't have the appropriate eyes. Instead I cut out the eyes from Saber Lion's angry face, added "happy" eyebrows and used a smiling sticker for the video. I had to buy the pan she's holding from this miniature food items series. It was a stupid purchase. I figured I could've just taken a picture of a frying pan and do it in Photoshop... *sigh* Since I was getting lazy at this point, wanting to finish this quickly, I just stick the pan on her hand with masking tape.

Anyway... I'll end it with the source of my silly idea of a video... Enjoy!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive